A POWERFUL FORCE ON YOUR
We founded Legacy Real Estate because we had a desire to provide San Francisco and
the Bay Area with a real estate agency that valued building meaningful relationships and local connections over dollars and cents. We are – Jennifer Burden and Carren Shagley – a daughter and mother team, representing two generations of top producers.
With over 4 decades of collective experience our goal is to help our clients maximize their investment with professionalism, integrity, and a healthy sense of humor. With strong San Francisco roots, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their real estate goals. If your goal is home ownership or a sale, or purchasing an investment property in the city’s competitive real estate market, we will manage the process to make your dreams a reality.
Jennifer and Carren
PREPARING YOUR HOME
We coordinate the preparation of your property from A to Z. We are known for astute assessment, matching the architectural style of the property with the appropriate vendors, project management and meeting deadlines. We make properties shine and exceed expectations. We are simply the best. We make hard work look easy.
- Spend the time to fully understand your priorities
- Prepare a custom market analysis of recent neighborhood sales
- Advise you on pre-sale inspections
- Oversee contractors to maximize your return on renovation
- Aggressively market your property
- Represent you with all parties
- Negotiate artfully on your behalf
- Provide a complete file at closing
- Offer service beyond close of escrow
- Spend the time to fully understand your priorities in homeownership
- Provide our Buyer’s Handbook
- Connect you with vetted lenders and inspectors
- Guide you through disclosures
- Provide experienced counsel when writing your offer
- Negotiate skillfully on your behalf
- Support and represent you with all parties
- Provide a complete file after closing
- Offer service beyond close of escrow
Jennifer and Carren have been our agents for 6 years, helping us reach our real estate milestones with great success! They are a great team, and have all the qualities you are looking for in an agent:they are extremely knowledgeable about the SF market, have a great network of connections as they have been working here for years, and are extremely responsive and available! They are tough negotiators while holding themselves to high ethical standards. But more than that, they are just nice and enthusiastic people! – Marie C.
Jennifer and Carren are a remarkable team. They helped me through the maze of legalizing a unit, getting it ready for sale and finding the perfect buyer. Super supportive, incredibly knowledgeable, they know everyone and they manage to make it all seem like fun, which working with them was. – Linda H.
We have known and worked with the Shagley Team for over ten years and three transactions. They define professionalism in the often chaotic and revolving door of SF Bay Area real estate. They are the real deal, and have been serving clients for decades. It has been invaluable to have access to their expertise and local network of contractors, handi-persons, designers, stagers, etc. On top of their generosity with market knowledge and overall get-it-done attitude, the Shagleys are extremely kind and genuine – an amazing combo! – Hannah D.
WHY HIRE US?
Legacy Real Estate – A powerful force on your side!
- Close to 100% customer satisfaction; closure rate of 98%
- 90% of our business is referral from clients, friends and family;
- check out our reviews
- Respected by the brokerage community; go-ahead talk to our peers
- Honed our negotiating skills to a fine edge
- Vetted, close, and personal relationships with trade professionals
- Frequent, comprehensive, and stellar communication
- Place your interests first and foremost – ALWAYS
We partner with the San Francisco-based technology brokerage company – Side, Inc. that exclusively works with industry-defining agents to support our business development with state-of-the-art marketing, technology, administrative, and legal services.
Visit www.LegacySFHomes.com/Our-Team to learn more about our background, values, and work ethic.
OUR PERSONAL STORIES
I graduated from UC Berkeley with a psychology degree: that desire to understand people continues to fuel my interest in getting to know and understand the driving force behind people and their decisions. I was born in Chicago but have lived all over California. Before real estate I owned a leather hat company – named Nacca Dacca. I can boast Debra Winger wore one of my hats in the movie – An Officer and a Gentleman. I was drawn to real estate because I love problem solving, numbers, and home improvements. I have built a new home from the ground up, remodeled many, and bought and sold countless.
(415) 871-4046 | [email protected] | DRE# 0858254
I grew up in Northern California and graduated from San Francisco
State University and CUNY Law School. I worked as an assistant public defender in Miami and moved to civil litigation in San Francisco for 10 years. I have always been passionate about home ownership and have personally experienced how it can positively affect your life emotionally and financially. I love that real estate allows me to work with a wide range of people and help them turn their abstract desires into a reality.
(415) 871-3885 | [email protected] | DRE# 01407698