There’s a new Sunnyside home for sale on Joost Ave. Check it out below.
Sunnyside is a quaint historic San Francisco subdistrict that borders Glen Park and perched below Mount Davidson. After numerous efforts the area was ultimately established by the Sunnyside Land company in 1891. Over the years, these original boundaries changed, but the subdivision retained its charm and is notably older than the surrounding neighborhoods. Sunnyside is popular with the modern home buyer. It’s a short walk from Bernal Heights and provides easy access to both 101 and 280 freeways as well as the J Church light rail.
5 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT SUNNYSIDE DISTRICT
- It was once home to the famed Diego Rivera fresco that is now on display at the SFMOMA.
- Joost Avenue is named after Behrand Joost. A local and enterprising merchant who arrived in SF in 1857 and later went on to build the first electric railway that headed south from downtown SF connecting it to San Mateo and the neighborhoods in between, including Glen Park which Joost Avenue borders.
- Sunnyside is home to San Francisco’s “Other Conservatory”. While Golden Gate Park’s Conservatory of Flowers garners more fame and visitors, Sunnyside’s Conservatory (SF landmark #78) is well worth the visit and is owned and run by the Recreation and Park Dept. Occupying just one-fourth of an acre, the visit is perfect for even the shortest of attention spans.
- Sunnyside has a Playground with modern play equipment, a sandbox, a merry-go-round, and a fountain. There’s a clubhouse for organized activities plus a wide-lawn. Did we mention it’s dog-friendly? We did now.
- There’s a Whole Food’s nearby. While not technically in Sunnyside it’s a just short jaunt to the shopping center with covered parking off Ocean Avenue.
Meet 379 Joost – Space to Roam in Solar-Powered Home
3 Bed | 2 Bath | 2,495 SqFt
Located in the heart of the Sunnyside, this mid-century Craftsman has been stylishly expanded to three floors with tons of living space, natural light, and panoramic views. 379 Joost is spacious and energy-efficient with a full solar panel on the roof.
The main level features two bedrooms and one bathroom with an open dining/kitchen space perfect for entertaining.
Special to this home are the two lower levels, substantially increasing the living space to add a large family room, and home office, plus an additional bedroom and second full bathroom. It is your choice of use.
- Interior and front of home newly painted 2022
- Newer carpet on lower two levels
- Parquet hardwood floors on the main level
- Flexible floor plan allowing lots of living space
- 1 car parking garage + 1 additional car in the driveway
- The garage has lots of storage
- Additional storage under the home with easy access
- Sloping landscaped yard with eco-friendly watering system
- Full solar panel array on the roof